When you’re a first-time homebuyer, it can be hard not to feel inundated with all the possible options you could pursue. When you’re looking at houses for sale, though, it’s important to determine what type of floor plan will work best for you. By doing this, you can save time — and save yourself from becoming overwhelmed. Reach out to Jared Reimer today for help buying a house in Fort Collins, and read our blog about questions to ask yourself and things to remember as your touring houses for sale.
THE CRAFT BROKER
NORTHERN COLORADO HOMES
Choosing a Floor Plan That Works For You
The Craft Broker
Questions To Ask:
- What size of home do I need? Are you a newly married couple, a couple with kids in the house, or empty nesters? You may love to have a large, expansive house or you may be satisfied with an easy-to-maintain two bedroom home. Start by determining how many bedrooms and bathrooms would be ideal to serve your family and any visiting guests and go from there.
- What’s my personal style? If you love traditional homes, modern houses, or some sort of hybrid of the two, then go for it! As you look at houses for sale, though, keep your personal design style in mind. When you tour homes, it can be hard not to get caught up in someone else’s style and not realize that the layout doesn’t work for you at all.
- What’s my budget? Before you fall in love with a floor plan, determine your budget. If you tour a home outside of your price range, it can be disappointing to not end up getting it. However, if you do like something outside of your price range, take note of it so that you can potentially incorporate aspects of it in the floor plan you end up going with.
Things To Remember:
- Focus on the layout. When you’re looking at homes for sale, it’s hard not to focus on the brand new hardwood floors, newly painted walls, or the furniture that looks just right in the space. How will your furniture look in the space though? If you’re planning on keeping the same furniture from your current home, it’s a good idea to measure pieces and see how they’ll work in the new space.
- Get help from a real estate agent. You’re a first-time homebuyer, but a real estate agent has sold many homes and has a lot of experience. Real estate agents will be able to address concerns you may not have even thought of. They could also tell you about the neighborhood, nearby schools, how your mortgage payments would work, and more.
- Do what feels right. Ultimately, trust your instincts. If you don’t like the way a room or house feels when you walk inside, then chances are you wouldn’t like it if you were the owner either. Try hard to visualize it with your personal style and furniture, of course, but when something isn’t working it’s just not working.
There is a lot to consider when you’re looking at houses for sale, but we hope this blog can help you through the process so that you can end up with a floor plan that fits your lifestyle. When you’re looking into buying a house in Fort Collins, contact Jared Reimer to help you find the one that’s right for you.
About the Author: Jared Reimer is a native Coloradoan and an Associate Broker at Elevations Real Estate in Old Town Fort Collins. He’s a community advocate, business champion, blogger, leader, tireless volunteer, innovator, thinker and expert on all things real estate in Fort Collins and surrounding Northern Colorado. You’re likely to find Jared spending quality time outside with his wife, Kacie, and young son, Hudson, or sharing a beer or two with a friend throughout Fort Collins. Call or text Jared at 970.222.1049 or email him at Jared@TheCraftBroker.com